Intern with Treasury Experience
Many treasury experts want to explore other working environments.
Facilitate and benefit from their explorations.
Due to personal or market circumstances a lot of the candidates we meet want to explore career possibilities in new organisation types. Typically employers will not consider them for a regular job opening, the risk would be too high. These candidates can bring value and a number of them are prepared to work with no or low risk involved for the employer. We would like to facilitate matches between the both of them.
The mentioned, available candidates are willing to turn their career into a new direction because they are between jobs or looking for a job because their current one has become less meaningful and rewarding. They may be looking for a complete career change or have experience in related industries and are looking to bring those skills to a different environment. Either way the technical skills of the career changer will often not perfectly match the job requirements. An internship will give them the opportunity to gain experience and skills to make them more marketable with the end goal of getting hired permanently.
Benefits for your organisation
The additional manpower can relieve some (temporary) working pressure to accomplish immediate objectives or can be useful to finally start a long-planned project. Without knowing, the skill set gained in a different type of organisation might be applicable to yours. Hiring someone as an intern is the most effective way to evaluate their potential as a fulltime employee. The candidate will gain experience within the company without the pitfall of training a new hire, only to find out they're not compatible with the organization. An intern can enhance perspective and bring fresh new ideas on organizational issues.
About the internship
Applicant and employer start an internship project that is obviously beneficial for both:
• The employer explores how the knowledge and skill set of the intern can bring results;
• The intern learns about a different than his previous working environment and proves he can contribute;
The internship project is defined before the start:
• Will it be a “work along” or “change project”:
• How long will the project be? The maximum should be 3 months, we are not aiming to create substitutes for regular positions;
• Who will the intern report into?
• What will be the working hours?
Before the start of the project an agreement will be signed including:
• The above mentioned project definition;
• Coverage of legal (liability, confidentiality) and fiscal aspects);
• A small reimbursement / salary connected to the previous point;
• The willingness of the employer to coach and act as a referral;
• A short notice period in case a “real” position arises;
• This agreement can be directly between intern and employer. It is also possible Treasurer Search facilitates by taking over the pay-rolling or a ZZP agreement will be put in place.
Only in the case of pay-rolling Treasurer Search will invoice during the project. In case the intern enters into a labour agreement, Treasurer Search will send an invoice. The placement fee will be 20% of the base salary (in the labour contract).
Interested in hiring an intern with experience?
If you want further information about this initiative or want to know about specific candidates please contact Pieter de Kiewit:
T: +31 6 1111 9783